On Hold Phone Messages and What Do You Do When Traditional Customer Service Is Not Enough?
On hold phone messages– What we understand by “traditional” customer service is the following scenario: a customer is disappointed in a product or a service, so they either CALL or VISIT the company where they bought it from. They are put in contact with a customer service representative who tries to help the customer however they can.
But what do you do when this traditional way of keeping in touch with your customers is no longer enough for your business?
Here are some ideas which might help you overcome the challenges of modern technology:
- Use social media as a customer service. On social media, if a person recommends a product, their recommendation can reach thousands of people. Unfortunately for many, this works the same with complaints. So make sure you are present on social media and use the platforms as a way to keep in touch with your customers.
- Use live chat on your website. Besides on hold phone messages, or the use of on hold systems live chat is an incredibly easy way to talk with your clients. You can also include a Contact page on your website, but live chat helps people find an answer to their inquiries sooner and easier.
- Reply via emails. Offer an email address as a means of contact. You’d be surprised to find out how many people prefer to write you an email than call.
- Organize live meetings with customers and ask them to suggest ways to improve your products or services. The best way to take your merchandise to the next level is to listen to what people have to say. And what other better way to do that than have them all come to one place and show you how they would like your product to be? Alternatively, you can include a Suggestions section on your website.
- Use on hold phone messages. Custom created telephone messages are a great addition to phone calls and you can use them to deliver important information about your business to your customers.
Which one of these 5 tips are you planning to implement in your business?